Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Public speaking


People who knew me on the first glance will most likely say that public speaking is right up my alley. Oh, how I wish that was true. Sure, I've been a public speaker since my school days but those were not pure talent, those were hard work.

I can only talk in public if I have a preconceived speech. I am not one of those spur-of-the-moment talker. I memorized all my public speaking text. In fact, I'm such a good memorizer, people will think I spoke spontaneously.

So, recently, I had to give a talk about national security. Yep, as if that topic wasn't intimidating enough, I had to also explain the current issues, past histories and what not. Gahhh! I don't watch news. Current issue to me is what happens in the last episode of my favourite current television show.

But, you had to do what you had to do, right? And what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?? Pfftttt. Whatever. Yeah, from now on, I will watch news and keep track of current affairs. NOT! Okay, fine. I will. Some day. (And may that day come soon enough!)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails