Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 22, 2017

Life

It has been a while since I last penned my thoughts here.
It has been more than a while since I last mused too.

Having 3 kids definitely contributed to the lack of self-reflection, but if I have ever learn one or two things from my past, it is never to let things go unsaid.

Life has been....well...kinda fine at the moment.

But to get to this point of my life right now, I have made some pretty big changes, some life-altering decisions.

Although I can't say that those were all right decisions, I can't also say that I regretted the choices I made.

Sure, I could have been more...tolerant perhaps. But then again, why do things that will only result in increasing the feeling of worthlessness?

I'm walking away because I believe I worth more...and I deserve more.

It has been difficult. I won't paint a rosy picture because in spite of the struggles I faced, I grew stronger.

I woke up one morning realizing that I have nobody to depend on except for myself, so I picked up where everybody else decided to left off and continued from there.

Things have become better over the years. But knowing you are alone when you are at your lowest certainly taught me that at the end of the day, you really have no one else to rely on but yourself.

I have completed my Masters degree with 4.0CGPA.
I have taken up a new hobby (yoga and fitness).
Kids have been wonderful, decent and kind, and understanding.
I have maintained my good old friends, and found some new ones.
I have found peace with things that have happened.

So, all in all, life is good. Alhamdulillah....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails